Friday, April 18, 2014

Obligatory Introductory Post

A few years back, I realized that celebrations deserve tasty food, made with love, and decided to take things into my own hands.  It's possible that I was looking for a creative outlet to vent into, as I was halfway through grad school at the time (in something not cake-related).  It's also possible I was just tired of eating bad cake.  I started experimenting in a tiny kitchen, I bought too many pans, I bought a KitchenAid, I bought a cake freezer, and last summer I made wedding cakes for three friends and birthday, shower, and random it's-Tuesday-let's-eat-this-thing cakes for many more.  Some of those will be covered retroactively and we'll see where we go from here.

About me: I'm pretty much self-taught, I buy pounds of butter at a time, and yes, I do have a chest freezer in my kitchen that's filled with whatever I can't eat or pawn off immediately--everything from cake and frosting to ice cream, cookie dough, and whatever else won't fit in my other freezer.  There's a couple pounds of pulled pork and some biscuits in there now.  I don't believe in fondant, I do believe in ice cream cake, and that's all you need to know for now.

Up next: last year's wedding cake rundown.  Not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment