Monday, April 21, 2014

Cake in the Way Back Machine

Finally found a picture from Lauren's bridal shower, in July...2012?  That seems like a long time ago.  I might be wrong.  Anyway!  This was my first Cake For An Occasion and while my frosting technique has gotten better, the cake recipe is still solid.


(my picture appears to have broken, sorry!


This is Sweetapolita's Orange Ginger Carrot Cake, with the original white chocolate replaced with cream cheese frosting (with orange zest in it) at Lauren's request because she knows what's up.   That's a little candied ginger on top--I tried my best to make it curl and be pretty but it didn't do much other than sit there and be tasty.  Somehow we all survived even without photogenic baked goods (the horror, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment